“STAS” (STAS Inc.) 2020 Jaguar XE Giveaway drawing. No purchase or donation is necessary. A purchase or donation of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
You have not yet won. The Grand Prize is a 2020 Jaguar XE with an MSRP of approximately $35,170. Odds of winning are one (1) divided by the total number of valid tickets entered in this STAS drawing. It commences on October 2, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends on June 13, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. (EST).
1. Eligibility. 2019-20 STAS Giveaway drawings are open only to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada (except Quebec) and to residents of other countries and U.S. territories and possessions where permitted by law. Entrant must be age of majority in his/her resident country or older to enter. Void in Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and all other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. No entries will be accepted from inmates of a correctional facility. Entries may not be granted to participants who have been disqualified from previous Giveaways hosted by STAS. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to STAS Giveaway drawings. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Administrator. The sole and exclusive administrator of STAS drawings is St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary, 1208 Archbishop Lefebvre Ave. Dillwyn, VA 23936.
3. Timing. The STAS Giveaway drawing commences on October 2, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. EST and ends on June 13, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. EST (the "Promotion Period").
4. How to Enter. Below are the methods to enter the STAS Giveaway drawing:
Get a ticket in person by physically filling out a ticket from an official representative of STAS, which enters one in the Drawing.
-Mail in the official mail-in entry form either received in person or downloaded from stas.org, and send it in to STAS with your donation. You will be entered in the drawing and receive a confirmation stub. Mail must be postmarked no later than 11:59 PM EST June 6, 2020 and received no later than 11:59 PM EST June 10, 2020. With this method, after completing the entry process, entrant may choose to receive a return e-mail confirmation containing a Certificate confirming his or her tickets number(s) and the particular drawing to which they are entered. If the Entrant chooses to have his or her Certificate delivered in a manner other than e-mail, a $1.95 service charge will be added for mail delivery in the U.S. or $4.95 non-U.S. mail delivery.
- You are able to order directly from stas.org by entering in your credit or debit card details. Your stub will then be sent to you electronically. Entrant may choose to receive a return e-mail confirmation containing a Certificate confirming his or her tickets number(s) and the particular drawing to which they are entered. If the Entrant chooses to have his or her Certificate delivered in a manner other than e-mail, a $1.95 service charge will be added for mail delivery in the U.S. or $4.95 non-U.S. mail delivery. Website orders close June 9, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.
-STAS reserves the right to enter an individual or institution into the Giveaway in return for a favor done which benefited STAS, or for any other reason according to the discretion of the Sponsor. This includes but is not limited to persons who obtain donations for a designated number of tickets either in person or via stas.org. Sponsor also reserves the right to run promotional periods in which a specified number of bonus tickets may be awarded for normal automatic entry or for favor(s) done benefitting the Sponsor. STAS also reserves the right to run promotions in which the Sponsor may award prizes for entrants who meet certain donation thresholds. Such prizes are limited to one per qualifying entrant.
To enter without donating, mail one self-addressed postage paid envelope along with your request to: STAS Giveaway, Attention: 2019 -2020 STAS Giveaway Entry Request, 1208 Archbishop Lefebvre Ave. Dillwyn, VA 23936, (except Vermont and Washington residents are not required to affix return postage). Canadian and other non-United States resident entrant(s) must ensure that adequate return postage is affixed to their SASE. Request must be legibly handwritten and must be signed and dated. Furthermore entrant’s name, phone number, and address must be included with entry. Only one manual entry per outer envelope allowed. Each mail-in request that complies with all manual entry requirements and cooperates with any further information, validation/affidavit requests, pays any applicable and non-refundable processing fees, and sends these within the specified time in an envelope containing solely this information, will be entered in the Giveaway. All processed and finalized entries must be postmarked no later than 11:59 PM EST June 6, 2020 and received no later than 11:59 PM EST June 10, 2020. After which date manual entries must be requested in person at the seminary itself. A request for Gratuitous Entry Method, which is mislabeled or misaddressed will be disqualified and destroyed. If you would like to verify that you have been successfully entered in the Giveaway, send in a request to the aforementioned address along with a $3.95 non-refundable processing fee.
5. Additional Conditions. All donations are non-refundable. Any incomplete or illegible entries will not be processed. The use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, photocopied entries, or multiple entries sent in bulk mail, or like methods (including without limitation the use of any promotion/sweepstakes subscription, notification entry or like sites or services that offers sweepstakes entry services "on behalf of” Entrant) is strictly prohibited. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of tickets or entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods may void that participant's entries and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, postage due, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entry applications, which may be disqualified and destroyed. All entries are considered to be made by the person whose name appears on the entry. In the event of a dispute as to the entrant’s identity of the valid entrant, the name registered to home address or phone number on the ticket will be used to identify the entrant.
6. Winner Selection. For the STAS Giveaway drawing, on June 13, 2020, an independent party will randomly and manually select one Grand Prize Winner. You do not need to be present to win. The entrant whose name appears on the drawn ticket may be asked to answer a skilled testing question in order to deem him/her the Conditional Winner. In the case of additional prizes being added to the STAS Giveaway Drawing, additional tickets will be randomly and manually selected by the same independent party.
7. Winner Notification. The Conditional Grand-Prize Winner for the STAS Giveaway drawing will be notified using the contact information entered on the entry form, within three (3) business days from the drawing and notified that they were selected as the Conditional Grand-Prize Winner and will be conditionally awarded the grand-prize. If Administrator is unable to contact any Conditional Grand-Prize Winner or Entrant fails to respond to the Administrator's initial contact within three (3) business days of notification or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts, Entrant will be disqualified and an alternative winner will be notified as the new Conditional Grand Prize Winner.
8. Verification of Conditional Winners. CONDITIONAL WINNER OF THE STAS GIVEAWAY DRAWING IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR. Entrant(s) selected as Conditional Grand-Prize Winner(s) will be contacted within 3 business days following notification and will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 7 days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) and prize selection affidavit. If a Conditional Grand-Prize Winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the above required documents, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Conditional Grand-Prize Winner forfeits prize and Sponsor may award the applicable prize to a selected Alternate Conditional Winner. Conditional winner has the right to forfeit this grand prize and receive a $20,000 alternate cash prize. After being contacted the conditional winner has 3 days to accept or forfeit the grand prize or alternate prize, after which time the STAS reserves the right to choose the prize to be awarded.
9. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning = One (1) divided by total number of valid tickets timely entered for a particular STAS Giveaway drawing.
10. Grand-Prize. One (1) Winner will receive a 2020 Jaguar XE. Prize vehicle’s color may not be as advertised. Vehicle prize must be collected at St. Thomas Aquinas Seminary, 1208 Archbishop Lefebvre Ave. Dillwyn, VA 23936 by the Winner on or about 06/20/2020. After this period, Sponsor has the right to charge a daily fee for the storing and maintaining of the Grand-Prize Vehicle. Grand Prize may be awarded with incidental mileage due to dealership use and prior ownership. The description of the Prize as “New” indicates merely that the vehicle has never been titled in a name other than that of the dealer. Advertised manufacturer warranty has already begun. Stated MSRP value reflects advertised window sticker pricing but does not reflect current market value of the vehicle. Winner is responsible for the transportation of vehicle from the present location of the car to the Winner’s residence or other location. Winner is responsible for procuring and providing for the cost of all titles, transfers, registrations, taxes and insurance on vehicle and for all costs of transporting vehicle. Some or all costs may be due upon collection of vehicle. All costs and expenses not expressly specified herein as Sponsor’s responsibility are solely the Winner’s responsibility. If Winner cannot pay all costs to claim the Prize, an optional cash prize worth approximately $20,000 can be chosen instead.
11. Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, a STAS drawing, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator which are binding and final in all matters; (b) release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting STAS drawings, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant's entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in STAS drawings, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an Entrant's participation in a STAS drawing and/or Entrant's acceptance, use or misuse of a prize.
12. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in a STAS drawing constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor and its agents use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
13. Limitations of Liability. If for any reason an entry or ticket is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant's sole remedy is another similar entry or ticket in the STAS drawing until the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, STAS reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unrewarded, eligible prize claims. In the event that information, in any published ad, press release, article, brochure, or any other communication regarding a STAS drawing conflicts with the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall take precedence over all other communications or published materials. STAS reserves the right to make changes in the rules of any STAS drawing to correct typographical errors, maintain legal compliance or correct any interference, tampering or fraud, and such changes shall become effective on the date published on the web site(s). If the Sweepstakes, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not capable of running as planned by reason of unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Sweepstakes, and determine Winners from entries as appropriately received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor will make commercially reasonable efforts to protect the overall integrity of the Giveaway; however, the Released Parties are not responsible for accidentally lost, added, stolen or destroyed entries which may or may not be included in the final drawing.
14. Arbitration. By participating, Entrant agrees as follows: that good faith effort will be used to attempt to resolve any and all claims and disputes arising under or relating to STAS drawings. Any dispute, controversy or claim relating to STAS drawings, including but not limited to the interpretation thereof, the awarding or redemption of prizes, or the determination of the scope, enforceability or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, which cannot be resolved amicably, shall be referred to arbitration before the American Arbitration Association, which shall be the sole and exclusive forum for resolution and settlement of any dispute, controversy or claim between the parties. Any and all legal action, suit, arbitration, or other proceeding with respect to STAS drawings will be resolved individually, without respect to any form of class or representative action.
15. Drawing Results. For STAS drawings results go to www.stas.org or send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winners List –1208 Archbishop Lefebvre Ave. Dillwyn, VA 23936, asking for the drawing results. Requests for the winner list must be received by June 26, 2020.
16. Prize Representations. STAS makes no representations as to condition, warranties, or fitness for a particular use of the prize. For vehicle prizes, STAS makes no representations as to originality, mileage, or compliance with safety or emissions laws or regulations and reserves all discretion with respect to any option or feature not expressly stated in these rules. Winner agrees to accept the Grand-Prize "AS IS", "WHERE IS.”
17. Disqualification. STAS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual that: (i) interferes or attempts to interfere in any way with the integrity or fairness of the drawing; (ii) tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process; (iii) acts in violation of the Official Rules; or (iv) acts in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass STAS or any other person. All entrants disqualified from this STAS Giveaway may be ineligible for all future giveaways run by STAS.
18. Commercial Electronic Messages. Entrant consents to STAS sending Commercial Electronic Messages, including, but not limited to messages related to the entry or participation in the drawing. Entrant acknowledges that he/she has the right to withdraw consent to STAS sending Commercial Electronic Messages. Certain transactional e-mails related to the drawing may be required. If consent to receive such messages is withdrawn, the entry and Entrant’s participation in the drawing will be withdrawn and voided.